child packing a suitcaseThis article is being written to conclude and recap my series on whether unmarried parents can relocate their children out of Arkansas. I felt it was important to write on this topic as relocation cases involve some of the most contentious issues which arise in the area of family law. This level of contentiousness tends to be increased due to misunderstandings as to what rights married parents do and do not have. The goal of my recent articles has been to provide information which will help people to better understand their situation. It has also been my goal to provide information which will assist with the selection of an attorney. If you or a family member are in need of assistance then contact my office today to speak with a Little Rock lawyer.

I have addressed a number of topics over my recent articles. Issues which I have analyzed include:

There are several reasons why I chose to address these topics. First, if parentage has not been established then a mother will be free to move out of state. This does not mean, however, that the father could not file a paternity action and request that the child be returned to Arkansas. Second, when parentage has been established but there is no custody order, it is generally wise to seek permission to move. This, again, is due to the fact that the parent remaining in Arkansas would be able to file a custody action in our state. Finally, knowing what to expect from the process will be important to managing expectations as the matter moves forward.

One point I stressed in each of these articles is that you should retain an experienced attorney as soon as possible if you are considering moving out of state. While our state generally favors allowing a parent to move, these are not requests which a Court takes lightly. Having experienced counsel helps to ensure that you make the best possible argument to the Court. I am a Little Rock child relocation lawyer and my office prides itself on providing quality service. We understand that this is an important time in your life and we will make your case a priority. Contact us online or by telephone today to schedule an initial consultation. We also handle matters in Fayetteville, Fort Smith, Springdale, Jonesboro, North Little Rock, Conway, Rogers, Pine Bluff, and throughout the rest of Arkansas.